At MADFINGER we simply love making incredible world-class gaming experiences. We pride ourselves on bringing the most cutting-edge and up-to-date design to our games, as players of our previously developed games will attest.
These days our team is developing a new hardcore FPS for PC.
Our team is searching for a new Senior Backend Programmer. In this position, you will design and maintain the backend services for our unannounced title, integrate with third-party ecosystems and ensure a seamless and secure gaming experience. With your expertise in C++ and Go and your passion for online gaming, you will have the potential to shape online services for our title to deliver the top-notch gaming experience.
- Work hand in hand with the production team to implement game features while ensuring high scalability, availability, and security
- Design and implement backend services using Go
- Participate in architecture choices to ensure the perennity of online services and contribute to our team's success
- Deploy and maintain monitoring tools to ensure maximum availability
- Maintain data sharing between game client, game servers, and online services for a seamless gaming experience
- Participate in the evaluation, code reviews and take a part in integration of new technologies and best practices to keep our games ahead of the competition
- Mentor junior programmers and provide guidance on best practices to help them grow and excel in their roles
- You already have 5+ years Online/Multiplayer Programmer experience on titles for PC/consoles
- You have shipped at least 1 premium multiplayer game on online services (on Unreal is a plus)
- You deeply understand distributed systems and how to create them
- You have excellent knowledge of Go and C++
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, CockroachDb, Redis, MongoDb, etc.)
- You have a very high standard of communication skills and teamwork
- You are hopelessly excited about online multiplayer gaming
- Previous experience with Nakama will be your advantage
- Vibrant and inspiring environment among a team of game enthusiasts - you can work with the top people from the gaming industry in the Czech Republic.
- A modern gaming office - It is a serious job, but there is always time and space for relaxing and socializing in our Relax room with PS4.
- Opportunity to bring your own ideas into our games
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- Relocation Package for foreigners
- Company events and sports enthusiasts - and we even have our own company gym.
- Sabbatical leave after 7 years working for the company