WHO WE NEED?
For our new project, we are seeking a Level Designer, who is as passionate about the way how the visual art of videogames is being implemented in Unreal Engine.
Are you creative, talented, motivated, smart, and honest? You belong to our team!
IGS is looking for new colleagues for new adventures in Unreal Engine 5!
WHAT IS THE JOB ABOUT?
- Designing and building locations with emphasis on both gameplay and visuals
- Prototyping level geometry from initial gameplay concept to advanced visual blockout and preparing it for art team polishing
- Providing basic lighting for player navigation and mood setting
- Cooperating with the Level Scripters and Environment Artists to make sure gameplay and art are aligned
- Visual reference research
- Set dressing and asset placement with emphasis on environmental storytelling
- Setting up art placeholders and documenting them in asset requirement lists
WHO WILL BE A GOOD FIT?
- 2+ years experience in working in the games industry (as a Level Designer / Artist / Architect, Environment Artist or similar)
- Strong eye for interesting architectural spaces - composition, proportions, and detail distribution
- Knowledge of (at least) one of the game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, CryEngine...
- Highly creative team player with a strong work ethic
- Capable of identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a game level
- Good spoken and written English
- Great teamwork and communication skills
WHAT IS NICE TO HAVE?
- Knowledge of one of the leading modeling packages (3ds Max, Blender...)
- Understanding of level/asset optimization
- Understanding of modular level construction methods
- Experience in photography, cinema, or other related domains is a plus
- Passion for video games and game development
- Experience in an international company
- Experience with PC or console development
WHAT DOES THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
Please send us your CV and portfolio with a short motivation letter in English (the quality of the provided materials is part of the process).
If we like your application, there will be one or two online interviews. Intern, junior and regular candidates will be required to do a test. Last part of the process is a personal visit of the Brno office.
We will start answering on the application in March 2023. Only the best candidates will get the job!
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV with a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting time: Q2 2023 or later
Type of Contract: Full-time