WHO WE NEED?
For our new project, we are seeking an VFX ARTIST, who is as passionate visual effects, destructions, postprocesses, Unreal Engine, Houdini and games. If you are smart, creative, brave, responsible, honest, and motivated, you belong to our team.
WHAT IS THE JOB ABOUT?
- Responsible for VFX (visual effects) whether it will be real-time particles/sprites, material effects, destructions or postprocesses.
- Optimize and fix bugs connected to the VFX.
- Making your own textures, materials, material functions and models that will be used for the VFX.
- Work with the Art Director, Lead Artist and VFX colleagues as well as the programmers to implement your effects.
- Pro-actively communicate with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features.
- Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED FOR THE JOB?
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop or texture making software.
- Well versed in Unreal Engine 4 and material editor.
- Knowledge of PBR texturing.
- Experience with creation of real-time VFX in Unreal engine (Cascade and Niagara editors).
- Strong visualizing skills and understanding of particles and its physics.
- Understanding of the computation costs and optimisations of VFX.
- Great teamwork and communication skills.
- Good spoken and written English.
- An ability to work with remote teams.
WHAT IS NICE TO HAVE?
- Passion for video games and game development.
- An understanding of the full game development cycle and iterative development methodologies.
- Scripting and programming are a big plus in Niagara editor.
- Experience with VFX and 3Dsoftware: After Effects, 3ds Max, Houdini, 4D Cinema, Autodesk Maya, Blender VFX, Nuke.
- At least one released game project on PC and/or consoles.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling and texturing software.
- Routine knowledge of vector fields and its creation.
- Experience in object animation.
- Experience with making subUV/spritesheet textures.
- Experience with fluid, smoke, and destruction simulations.
- An ability to quickly learn new skills, tools, methods, and pipelines.
- An ability to adapt to new features of UE4 Cascade, Niagara.
- Experience with both PC and console development.
- Insight into game design and level design.
WHAT DOES THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
- Please send us your CV and portfolio with a short motivation letter.
- If we like your application, there will be an interview, possibly followed by a test.
Type of Contract - Full-time
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV with a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.