WHO WE NEED?
Ingame Studios is looking for a talented full-time Level Artist to join our Level Design team in Brno to work on the upcoming next-gen FPS title.
Level Artist should have a good knowledge of both gameplay and visual needs of game environments, effectively creating a bridge between Level Scripters and Environment Artists.
You will be an environment architect creating believable exteriors and interiors, placing covers, props, and other key elements that have an impact on gameplay.
- Designing and building locations with emphasis on both gameplay and visuals
- Prototyping level geometry from initial gameplay concept to advanced visual blockout and preparing it for art team polishing
- Providing basic lighting for player navigation and moodsetting
- Cooperating with the Level Scripters and Environment Artists to make sure gameplay and art are aligned
- Visual reference research
- Set dressing and asset placement with emphasis on environmental storytelling
- Setting up art placeholders and documenting them in asset requirement lists
- 2+ years experience in working in the games industry (as a Level Designer / Artist / Architect, Environment Artist or similar)
- Strong eye for interesting architectural spaces - composition, proportions and detail distribution
- Knowledge of (at least) one of the game engines such as Unreal 4, Unity, CryEngine...
- Highly creative team player with a strong work ethic
- Capable of identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a game level
- Ability to easily communicate in English
- Passion for playing and researching games
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of one of the leading modeling packages (3ds Max, Blender...)
- Understanding of level/asset optimization
- Understanding of modular level construction methods
- Experience in photography, cinema, or other related domains is a plus
- Level Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application. As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be asked to perform a level art test.
WHAT DOES THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
- There will probably be 1 or 2 interviews (Lead Level Designer + HR), the first contact can be online.