What We Need:
Hangar 13, the studio that brought you Mafia Definitive Edition, is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist for a new IP. The job of the Lighting Artist is to create breath-taking lighting that supports the story and gameplay using our own high-end real-time engine. We are looking for a talented and reliable colleague for the position of a Senior Lighting Artist who will contribute with his/her artistic and technical knowledge, motivation, and skills to create our games. In cooperation with the artists and engineers, s/he provides the project with the final, breath-taking mood and look in the best possible quality.
What You Will Do:
- Create high quality AAA lighting of cohesive, vibrant, and immersive worlds to support story, art direction and gameplay objectives and to influence and inspire emotions and encourage players to engage in what will be a memorable gameplay experience.
- Translate the concepts and art style into outstanding real-time gameplay lighting.
- Work with the Art Team and Render Engineers to solve technical challenges and push our engine further to achieve fantastic real-time playable optimized performance.
- Work as a lighting mentor for the team; help review and prioritize work; set up pipelines and develop the best practices of workflow; ensure that all the goals are fully completed.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Demonstrable previous work as a Mid/Senior Lighting Artist for at least one shipped 1st person/3rd person game
- Highly experienced, enthusiastic and talented lighting artist showcased in a portfolio demonstrating a considerable range of experience with lighting of environments, weather setup, characters and cinematics
- Strong artistic sense, extensive understanding direct/indirect light, luminance / exposure and color-theory, composition and materials
- Deep understanding of lighting theory and techniques, PBR & HDR lighting and knowledge of photography principals
- Dedicated to contributing towards a friendly team environment
- Proactive, self-educated, motivated to contribute with innovative and original ideas, willing to take on challenges, ability to take criticism to transform it into improving the visuals
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills, advanced written and spoken English
- Experience with 3D graphics programs and game engines (Unreal, Unity, Maya/3ds Max, Blender etc.)
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Scripting and/or Visual scripting
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Shotgun, Jira, Trello, Hansoft, etc.)
- Experience with photography/camera/scenography (film, games, VFX, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and to use specific in-house tools
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!