We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to help create and maintain a set of shaders for environments, characters, and other. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with the finest talent working in game development today.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with Engineering to understand technical requirements and limitations of engine and hardware and expectations.
- Work with Art, Design, and VFX to understand the content needs of the game.
- Work with content creators and engineers to create real-time shaders for both the in-house game engine and the Unreal engine.
- Assist with render performance profiling to identify problems and introduce optimizations.
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on the current or previous console generation (gen8, gen9), preferably AAA.
- Strong knowledge of HLSL, GLSL, or experience with Unreal material editor. Example shaders would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of current real-time render techniques.
- Good level of understanding of material authoring for physically based rendering pipelines.
- Experience with other in-house or public shader editors.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Up-to-date knowledge of “next-gen” game art currently leading in the market
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development.
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Active communication skills with a professional level of English proficiency.
- Knowledge of linear algebra.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art, or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one DCC package - 3DS Max, Maya, or Blender.
- Experience in VFX and dynamics
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’llBravely Create