We are looking for a Technician with an interest in animation. MoCap Technician is responsible for supporting the capture and integration of optically captured 3D motion data by using our proprietary technologies for their resulting quality and functionality in the game.
What You Will Do:
- Work withing the mocap technical team in their tasks: adjusting, calibrating, and maintaining equipment; dressing actors, preparing and document shoots, capture full body performance, monitor video reference, tracking, solving/cleaning, retargeting, quality control on post processes, create markered props, assemble MoCap sets in preparation of shoot days, etc.
- Ensure high quality data capture/data quality assurance during shoots.
- Work with the animation team and actors.
- Search for new solutions and improvements in the process of MoCap.
- When not occupied by MoCap duties – learn both mocap driven and keyframe animations.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Understanding of the physics of human motion with a keen eye for detail and a good grounding in technical knowledge related to the subject matter.
- Proactive with identifying areas for improvement and pursuing solutions for them.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
- Interest in Animation and Animation skills improvements
- Experience or understanding of motion capture, animation and processing data in games or film.
- Experience with some MoCap system (Vicon, Optitrack, Xsens, etc.) and software (Blade, Shogun, Motive, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Basic knowledge of any 3D animation software (Motion Builder, Maya, Blender, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic camera operation, to record film or videos and video editing experience.
- Self-education related to animation and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in the game industry.
- Knowledge of computer games.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …).
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’llBravely Create