We are looking for a talented facial animator with experience developing keyframe animations as well as working with motion capture data to produce realistic 3D human facial animations for cinematics and gameplay.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create keyframe and mocap driven realistic human facial animations for both cinematics and gameplay.
- Implement, test, and troubleshoot animations in-game, at high quality and expected functionality.
- Work with the animation team, lead animator, character artists, cinematic editors, designers, and producers to deliver content that matches their vision and constraints.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to find solutions for any technical or creative issues.
- Adapt to the style and constraints of the project.
- Search for new solutions and enhancements related to facial animation production for characters.
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- An animator passionate about working on industry-defining titles that push your abilities and define true to life characters.
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating strong animation ability.
- Exceptional understanding of facial animation for various types of emotions, complementing activities of and typical for the characters. Ability to analyze, capture, and reproduce these expressions.
- Willingness to continually develop their skills.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with keyframe and mocap animation in games or film.
- Strong knowledge of Maya.
- Knowledge of Faceware, Dynamixyz or equivalent software.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- Self-educating related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Team player with a proactive approach.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with facial motion capture, directing motion capture shoots and processing facial data.
- Ideally at least one shipped AAA console game.
- Experience working in the game industry.
- Experience with a tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, ShotGrid, Trello, etc.).
- Experience with version control software, particularly Perforce.
- Knowledge of Motion Builder.
- Knowledge of computer games.
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create