We are looking for a skilled, reliable, and self-motivated Senior Animator colleague, who is experienced in game development, keyframe & motion capture data animation processing to produce realistic 3D animations for cinematics and gameplay.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create high-quality keyframe and mocap-driven realistic animations for both cinematics and gameplay.
- Collaborate with the Animation Lead to deliver the best-in-class products.
- Adapt to the style and constraints of the project.
- Implement, test, and troubleshoot animations in-game at high quality and expected functionality.
- Support the animation team, character artists, cinematic editors, designers, and producers to deliver content that matches the vision and constraints or find solutions to any technical or creative issues.
- Explore new tech and enhancements related to the animation and game development.
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- An animator passionate about working on industry-defining titles that push their abilities and define true-to-life characters.
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating a strong animation ability.
- Willingness to continually develop their skills.
- Self-educating related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with keyframe and mocap animation in games or film.
- Strong knowledge of Motion Builder & Maya.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- Team player with a proactive approach.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in motion capture processes
- At least one shipped AAA console game
- Experience with a tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, ShotGrid, Trello, etc.)
- Experience with version control software, particularly Perforce
- Knowledge of computer games
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create