We are looking for a talented Senior Character Artist to join our team. Someone to help us define the next generation of game characters. S/he will work with the team of character artists and in collaboration with the Lead, define, develop and maintain the game character assets. The Senior Character Artist works closely with the Lead Character Artist and other departments such as Technical Art, Animation, Cutscenes, Code, and QA departments to create the best possible result in the final game.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the Lead Character Artist and Technical Artists to develop best practices for our character pipeline
- Create beautiful character art from concept art, 3D scan data and reference materials
- Adapt to the concept and style of the project
- Collaborate with other Art departments (especially animators Technical Artists and cutscene editors)
- Keep track of the latest trends in the given discipline
- Supervising and training less experienced colleagues
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Minimum three years of experience in the game industry
- Excellent knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max or Blender), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture the personality
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing, or painting in the classic technique
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Secondary school or university degree in Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of computer games
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tools (Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc)
- Interest in developing video games
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create