Hangar 13 is currently looking for Concept Artist supporting both Environment and Character Art. The ideal candidate will be able to create a wide variety of detailed environment and character concepts, take direction well, and iterate on ideas in a team atmosphere. To be considered for this role candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio when applying.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create a range of assets from characters, environments, and even props while maintaining the core game vision set by the Art Director and Game Designers
- Sketch explorative thumbnails in 2D and 3D
- Create concepts from early production to final render
- Create quick open line designs and rough silhouette sketches that communicate space and form
- Provide feedback through paint overs
- Storyboard creation
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
We are looking for a digital artist with a traditional drawing and painting background. Someone who is passionate about designing environments and bringing characters to life. Since is a team effort, someone who flourishes within a collaborative atmosphere would be happiest.
- 3+ years of experience in games
- Degree in Fine Art or related experience
- Hard surface and vehicle design abilities
- Ability to quickly iterate on ideas visually
- Ability to take direction well
- Self-motivated toward solving creative problems
- Understanding of anatomy, creature, and character design
- Illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.