Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting-edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and write code that fulfils the functional, graphical, and technical requirements ofthe project
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks
- Assist the artists with the creation of cutting-edge environments and effects withintechnical requirements
- Work with proprietary Hangar 13 game engine and also Unreal Engine 5, and build new technology in order to fulfilthe project’s technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developmentsand advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcomeidentified risks
WHO WE BELIEVE WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of programming experience in graphics programming
- Experience developing for games; preferably: action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Expert knowledge of real-time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing game consoles
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C / C++
- Thorough understanding of 3D math
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create