We are looking for a talented Technical Artist that specializes in character development, rigging, and facial animation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop tools, processes, and assets for real-time characters
- Collaborate closely with character artists, technical artists, and animators
- Help streamline existing pipelines.
- Develop new pipelines for the character production process
- Should be confident in skinning and comfortable to work with blend shape library development, rigging, and exporting to the game engine.
WHO WE BELIEVE WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- Complex character rigging experience in Maya in film, broadcast or game environments.
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- In depth knowledge of Maya, preferably 3+ years of production experience.
- Capable of writing robust tools to streamline the character creation, setup, and export process.
- Strong background with facial animation, mocap, and scanning workflows
- Strong understanding of both Figure and Facial Anatomy
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Python, OpenMaya, QT, Mel programming experience
- Familiar with Perforce
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Basic knowledge of C# or other higher programming language
- 3DS Max and MAXScript experience
- MotionBuilder, Faceware, and FaceFX or related software experience.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create