We are looking for a talented Facial Animator with extensive experience developing keyframe and motion capture animations. The facial Animator is responsible for creating and implementing computer facial animations of the characters based on the screenplay and design of the game and their resulting quality and functionality in the game.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create both keyframe and mocap-driven facial animations that set the standard for character animation on both creatures and bipeds.
- Work with the animation team, lead animator, character artists, cinematic editors, designers, and producers to deliver content that matches their vision and constraints.
- Assist in the facial rig development by working with the animation TD and character artist to inform the structure and mechanics of the rig.
- Implement animations in-game, test, and debug.
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project.
- Search for new solutions and enhancements related to the characters' facial animations.
WHO WE BELIEVE WILL BE A GOOD FIT:
- A passionate animator excited to help create a game filled with unique creatures and characters.
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating strong animation ability.
- Exceptional understanding of facial animation for various types of emotions, complementing activities typical for the characters. Ability to analyze, capture, and reproduce these expressions.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with keyframe or mocap animation in games or film.
- Knowledge of Maya.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- Self-education related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with motion capture, directing shoots, and processing the mocap data.
- Ideally, you have shipped at least 1 AAA console game. Experience in the game industry.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tools (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc.).
- Knowledge of Motion Builder.
- Knowledge of computer games.
WHO WE ARE:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create