What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced Release Manager to help us help define and operate the release process for our shared Engine and Tools at Hangar 13.
What You Will Do:
- Champion a healthy, collaborative release culture within the studio, across multiple projects
- Define and own the release process for engine and tools end-to-end, collaborating with Technical Directors & Producers to schedule predictable releases to internal customers, across multiple time zones & locations
- Work with other project leaders and Release Managers at the project level to ensure consistently stable merges of shared technology, to and from game projects
- Collaborate with engineering and QA to automate CI/CD processes
- Own the process for creating build documentation for every release
- Coordinate with QA/Discipline Leads to ensure integrity of all releases
- Publishing relevant reporting for release and merge tracking
- Embody an ethos of continual improvement, identifying inefficiencies & opportunities in the release process
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, highly-organized team player with a strong ability to stay focused and productive when working independently and with others.
- Two years Release Management Leadership, with Software/Games-as-a-service strongly preferred
- Experience with issue/bug tracking (JIRA preferred) and source control software (Perforce preferred)
- An understanding of branches/streams, depots, merging strategy, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines
- Demonstrated team and time management skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical orientation and a strong understanding of software development
- Proven tolerance for a high degree of uncertainty and variability
- Good communication skills
- Ideally, you love games!
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.