What We Need:
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to drive Release team and manage and mentor engineers, have a passion and curiosity towards debugging and problem solving.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of engineers that handles both internal (Proprietary engine and tools) and external (shipping games and handling live updates) releases.
- Mentor engineers and help them improve their programming, debugging, communication and cooperation skills.
- Coordinate and maintain merges in Perforce.
- Work closely with QA, engineering teams and content creators to debug and fix found issues.
- Suggest and implement improvements in our proprietary software technology and pipelines to smooth the release processes.
- Provide the Technical director with feedback regarding the team.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Gain familiarity with a wide range of our code base.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience in leadership topics and coaching individuals
- Ability to quickly and effectively understand and work with other Engineers’ code
- Experience developing for games
- At least one shipped AAA game
- Experience with Version control systems, especially Perforce
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Good communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience with QA collaboration and products testing and releasing processes.
- Experience crawling through Perforce revision graphs
- Experience developing for game consoles (Xbox One/Series X and PS4/5)
- Familiarity with the C#/.NET/WPF, DevExpress knowledge
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.