What We Need:
We are looking for a hardworking Character Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation, and a mature skill set. They define, develop and maintain high-end-run game characters. The Character Artist works closely with the Lead Artist, Lead Animator and Art Director, and also alongside animators and cutscene editors to build the greatest impression in the final game.
What You Will Do:
- Build the best possible high-poly and low-poly 3D character models from concept art and reference materials.
- You will build character textures, clothing, hair, and styling all based on likeness.
- Adapt to the concept and style of the project.
- Collaborate with excellent Animation colleagues and with cutscene editors.
- Keep the finished models working.
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of the latest trends in the given field.
Who We Believe Will Be A Good Fit:
- Well-done portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Experience in the game industry.
- Proven knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max or Blender), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
- Phenomenal knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture personality.
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing or painting in the classic technique.
- Advanced written and spoken English.
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of computer games.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with and Substance Designer.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tools (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …).
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.