What We Need:
We are looking for a Systems/Engine Software Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of our proprietary cutting-edge game engine.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in development of low-level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system, navigation, physics integration, and more.
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Write a code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 3+ years of programming experience with commercial software projects
- Experience working on core systems
- Expertise in C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to quickly and effectively understand and work with other programmers’ code
- Good communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience developing for game consoles (Xbox One and PS4); preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles, and open world games
- A shipped AAA game
- Experience or interest in procedural generation techniques
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.