What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Material Artist to help build spectacular and realistic materials to use within our high-end real-time engine. We would like to hire a talented colleague with artistic and technical knowledge to show strong attention to detail focusing on believability and overall aesthetic composition. A motivated Artist with a strong portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3D sculpted techniques. This is an outstanding opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent at Hangar 13’s Brno team location.
What You Will Do:
- Produce high quality benchmark textures/materials using Substance Designer.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of material library.
- Use and improve our material pipelines and workflows.
- Work in partnership with Art, Technical Artist and Engineering teams to develop advanced proprietary shader and material technology.
- Match art styles defined by the art director/concept art.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- A portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities, highlighting materials and textures
- In-depth understanding of procedural texturing techniques.
- Deep understanding of PBR rendering and material, surface / light interactions.
- Knowledge of color composition, color theory and materials.
- Sculpting skills and experience baking textures from high-res meshes.
- Working experience with shader networks.
- Proficiency in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Photoshop.
- Experience with 3D graphics programs (Maya/3ds Max/ZBrush).
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- A strong ability to learn new areas of development.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Traditional or digital drawing/painting skills
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool like Hansoft, Jira, ShotGrid (former Shotgun), Trello, etc.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”