What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a Technical Artist who will be responsible for creating and maintaining Environment Art pipelines, tools and scripts, mainly related to Substance Painter.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with art and engineering to understand art requirements.
- Work with dev and tools teams to prioritize and develop tools / scripts / plugins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines.
- Research and prototype new techniques to improve efficiency of content production.
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine.
- Acquire a deep understanding of engine tools and technology and explain how they work to content creators.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
Our ideal Technical Artist has both artistic and technical background that covers many disciplines. We need someone who can convert ideas into functional tools that will make life of artists better. Our Technical Artist is a clear communicator who promotes ideas about improvements of every aspect of artist life and productivity.
- 4+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer
- Experience with C++ and Object-Oriented programming
In order to be considered for this role, candidates will need to make a short C++ test
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Familiar with Photoshop or similar SW
- Experience with 3D modelling packages like 3ds Max, Maya or Houdini
- Familiar with Perforce or other versioning SW
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative problem solving skills
Other Recommended Skills:
- Basic knowledge of C# or other higher programming language.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Python, Max Script, VB, …
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”