What We Need:
We are looking for an Audio Software Engineer to develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and engineers to design, prototype, implement and maintain audio systems.
- Work with the audio lead engineer to solve issues, find users’ needs and design new features.
- Provide the audio lead engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns.
- Generate and update system documentation and test cases for assigned systems.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A special interest in interactive audio.
- Eager to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Some experience with audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD…)
- Strong C++ programming language skills with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
- Recent bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”