What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Senior Environment Artist to join our team and help create 3D environments that are both visually stunning and have great gameplay opportunities. The ideal candidate should be able to create exciting and believable 3D spaces working closely with designers & all involved disciplines to ensure both game metrics and art style mesh together. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent at Hangar 13’s Brno location and work on an exciting new AAA IP.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Environment Leads and others to create levels & environments matching the art style of the game.
- Collaborate with designers and narrative to create believable and fulfilling gameplay spaces.
- Design and work out the details of modular systems of architecture for levels.
- Work with outsource managers to help create outsource packs & guides.
- Optimize final levels/environments for performance.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Experience as a Senior Environment Artist or similar role with at least 3 years of experience in the game industry, preferably AAA.
- You have a strong Portfolio demonstrating creative artistic abilities and technical proficiency.
- Extensive experience modelling in 3ds Max and other industry standard software.
- Experience working on all stages of level creation, from planning & initial blockout through to final polish.
- Experience using Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer & a good understanding of PBR workflows.
- Good sense of space and composition and with a good eye for proportion.
- You are a good team player with a positive attitude and a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- You have an advanced level of English, and can effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple locations and time zones.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks & communicate clearly & constructively with Production.
Nice To Have:
- Some classic drawing & painting skills & the ability to sketch ideas out ideas & do paintovers.
- Some experience working with lighting and environmental VFX
- Understanding of basic architecture.
- Experience working with terrain tools & editors.
- Experience using ZBrush or similar sculpting software.
- An active interest in current trends in video game development.
- Comfortable with version control software, particularly Perforce.
- Familiar with asset/task tracking clients like JIRA and Shotgun.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”