What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a Technical Artist who will be responsible for creating special effects and simulations for both ingame events and cinematics.
What You Will Do:
- Work with art, design and engineering to understand project requirements.
- Work with dev team to prioritize and develop everything that is needed for memorable ingame moments. From small animated props to largescale simulations.
- Proactively research and prototype new techniques to improve efficiency of content production.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
Our ideal Technical Artist has both artistic and technical background that covers many disciplines. We need someone who can convert ideas into functional effects that will blow people’s minds. Our Technical Artist is a clear communicator who promotes ideas about improvements of every aspect of artist life and productivity.
- 4+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on current console generation (XB1 or PS4), preferably AAA
- Strong knowledge of SideFX Houdini
- Experience with other 3D packages; 3dsMax or Maya
- Experience with scripting language, preferably Python
**In order to be considered for this role, candidates will need to make a short test**
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Familiar with Photoshop, Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Strong art skills including experience with modeling, texturing, and shading for games.
- Experience with simulations and VFX
- Familiar with Perforce
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution.
Other Recommended Skills:
- Ability to write GPU shaders.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Max Script, Java Script, VB
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!