What We Need:
We are looking for a VFX master of craft to deliver diverse and rich content, filling our worlds with life and creating rewarding gameplay. Our new bespoke technology brings a myriad of possibilities that await your skill and imagination. Join a passionate and experienced team who are looking to expand capacity and push the boundaries of possibility.
What You Will Do:
- Master newly created bespoke tools and pipelines
- Drive content within the scope outlined by the Lead or Art Director
- Create textures for VFX assets
- Implement VFX as gameplay signs and feedback
- Work within a team to bring a sense of life to otherwise static worlds
- Work autonomously with minimal feedback and the ability to self-critique
- Craft fantastical effects, yet still be able to suspend disbelief
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
You’re passionate about advancing your skills, pushing the boundaries of what effects can do in games, and always on the hunt for new vfx techniques. You like mathematics, love to solve logic problems and when you encounter a challenge you persevere like a terrier until you find a solution. And you always find a solution.
- VFX artist with 3 + years of experience in the games or film industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of visual effect terminology and techniques
- Good sense of timing and weight with regard to effects
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience; Photoshop, After Effects, Houdini, 3DS0Max
- An eye for recreating natural phenomena
- Comfortable with Mathematical and node-based systems
- A passion for video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.