What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to help create and maintain set of environment, character and other shaders. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with the finest talent working in game development today.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with Engineering to understand technical requirements and limitations of engine and hardware and expectations.
- Work with Art, Design, VFX and Animation to understand content needs of the game.
- Work with content creators and engineers to create real-time shaders for advanced inhouse game engine.
- Create visually stunning effects and behaviors for interactive assets.
- Assist with render performance profiling, identify problems and optimizations.
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on current console generation (XB1 or PS4), preferably AAA.
- Strong knowledge of HLSL.
- Knowledge of current real-time render techniques.
- High level of understanding material authoring for physically based rendering pipelines.
- Experience with other inhouse or public shader editor.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Up-to-date knowledge of “next-gen” game art currently leading in the market
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development.
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
Other Recommended Skills:
- Experience in VFX and dynamics
- Experience with Unreal material editor. Example shaders would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of linear algebra.
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Python, MaxScript, Java Script, VB
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!