What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to help create and maintain dynamic, ingame destructible and dynamic cloth assets, proactively identify new technologies, develop tools and creatively solve pipeline issues. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with the finest talent working in game development today.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Engineering to understand technical requirements and limitations of engine and hardware and expectations.
- Work with Art, Design, VFX and Animation to understand content needs of the game.
- Work with content creators and engineers to develop innovative tools and pipelines to advance the state of real-time technical art
- Create dynamic cloth assets for our project using the Havoc cloth tool suite.
- Streamline and standardize Havoc cloth pipeline for characters and environment assets.
- Create impactful rigid and soft body simulations as well as fluid simulations for use in our game.
- Create visually stunning effects and behaviors for interactive assets.
- Create other highly technical game content.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on current console generation (XB1 or PS4), preferably AAA.
- Strong knowledge of one of the major 3D Modelling package, 3DS Max/Maya.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- In depth knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Up-to-date knowledge of “next-gen” game art currently leading in the market
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development.
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in rigging and animation.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Java Script, VB
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!