We’re looking for a talented and motivated Lead Scripter!
We’re looking for an experienced Scripter to oversee our team of passionate Scripters. You will keep the team focused, motivated, efficient and happy :-).
- Responsible for fulfilment of defined tasks in required quality and time.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently on tasks without detailed specifications.
- Able to develop and implement new features.
- Able to liaise and coordinate with other departments.
- Understand the production flow and its consequences, know where to find crucial data-pipelines.
- Actively seek to improve workflow and skills.
- Act as mentor to junior developers.
- Provide advice about the game engine to other departments.
- Able to decide the necessity of various visual effects.
Perform the following, primarily by using the game engine’s proprietary scripting language
- Rapid prototyping and implementation of gameplay content and features.
- Assistance of other disciplines with their day-to-day development requirements.
- Prepare Technical Designs for technical departments.
May additionally be responsible for /specialized with the following
- Implementation of user interfaces.
Prepare planning for Scripting department
- Organize tasks of subordinates to reach common goals.
- Provide estimates to project level planning of milestones on behalf of Scripting department.
- Take part in high-level planning.
- Cooperate with other departments in preparing common interfaces.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (not mandatory).
- Years of relevant industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Experience working in an international company is an advantage.
- Have expert knowledge of the development of the industry and its technology.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Good knowledge of game/engine components (Rendering, AI, gameplay).
- Knowledge of mathematics (linear algebra).
- MS Office skills on a user level.
- Can properly estimate the time necessary to do tasks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
Specialist Knowledge and Cross-Discipline Skills
Will likely have one or more additional specialist/cross discipline skills, for example:
- Competency working with native code.
- Game design and/or level design experience.
- UX experience.
- Technical art skills (e.g. material shaders, or animation).
- Participation in a great project.
- Friendly atmosphere in a mid-size multinational team of passionate developers.
- Possibilities for skill-development and growth.
- Benefit program, meal vouchers, extra vacation etc.
- All our games for free.
If you currently live outside of the Czech Republic, we can offer support with your relocation (including the visa application process and accommodation arrangements).
If you have any questions, be sure to contact us for more information!