We are looking for an experienced person to manage art development on an exciting AAA project. The role of Art Lead is to lead and motivate a team of talented Artists in order to ensure they meet the production objectives in terms of time and quality. Your job will be to plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate their work to deliver excellent visual experience of the project. You will work closely with the Creative Director ad Art Producer to maintain the vision and art quality of the project.
- Understand the art vision and help to execute it with the art team
- Spread the project's vision to subordinates and keep them motivated
- Lead and manage a team of 10-12 Artists
- Lead production of the given tasks. Make sure that the plan will be finished in the best quality, in the desired time.
- Maintain highlevel planning of Art production - make sure that the team has up-to-date high-level roadmaps for Art Production (with Project Lead and Art Producer)
- Maintain Art Asset lists make sure that team have up-to-date detailed lists of art assets that needs to be produced (with Project Lead and Art Producer)
- Supervise outsourcing, communicate with Outsourcing Manager in finding and using best outsourcing companies and contractors, delegate them to art sub-teams and supervise their usage and performance
- Provide regular review and feedback on work and takes care of the personal and professional development of team members.
- Report and consult the tasks’ results to the Creative Director, superior and other leads
- Define priorities, create tasks and assign them to people in cooperation with Art Producer
- Review/prepare the detailed definition of given tasks, to make it clear for the individual artists
- Make sure plan is doable and there are no obstacles to deliver that
- Track the progress on the tasks, identify risks and issues on weekly basis and actively solve them
- Actively design solutions as well as new techniques and pipelines
- 7+ years as professional artist or equivalent experience and 3+ years of art management experience (at least 5 people)
- Expert knowledge of graphic 3D software
- Excellent knowledge of art planning and art pipelines
- An understanding of the full game development cycle and processes
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good time management and strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and work with industry veterans and other departments
- Strong focus on quality, precision, consistency, and details
- Calm, practical, proactive and self-motivating approach
Welcomed Skills & Experience
- Has expert knowledge of in-house tools and processes
- MS Office, Atlassian tools skills on user level
- Able to work quickly without detailed specification
- Able to mentor team members
- Has very good knowledge of the development of industry and its technology
- A chance to have direct impact on a major AAA project
- Opportunity for skill-development and personal growth
- Friendly team atmosphere
- Semi-flexible working hours
- Benefit program, meal vouchers, extra vacation etc.
- All our games for free
If you currently live outside of the Czech Republic, we can offer support with your relocation (including the visa application process and accommodation arrangements).