What We Need:
The job of the Lighting Artist is to create breath-taking lighting that supports the story and gameplay using our own high-end real-time engine. We are looking for a talented and reliable colleague for the position of Lighting Artist who will contribute with his/her artistic and technical knowledge, motivation, and skills to create our games. In cooperation with the artists and engineers, s/he provides the project with the final, breath-taking mood and look in the quality close to the biggest blockbusters.
What You Will Do:
- Create high quality AAA lighting of cohesive, vibrant, and immersive worlds to support story, art direction and gameplay objectives and to influence and inspire emotions and encourage players to engage in what will be a memorable gameplay experience.
- Translate the concepts and art style into outstanding real-time gameplay lighting.
- Work with the Art Team and Render Engineers to solve technical challenges and push our engine further to achieve fantastic real-time playable optimized performance.
- Work as a lighting guide for the team; prioritize work; set up pipelines and develop the best practices of workflow; ensure that all the goals are fully completed.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Highly experienced, enthusiastic and talented lighting artist showcased in a portfolio demonstrating a considerable range of experience with lighting of environments, weather, characters and cinematics
- Strong artistic sense, extensive understanding of color composition, color theory and materials
- Deep understanding of lighting theory and techniques, PBR & HDR lighting and knowledge of photography principals
- Thoroughful, proactive, self-educated, motivated to contribute with innovative and original ideas, willing to take on challenges
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills, advanced written and spoken English
- Experience with 3D graphics programs and game engines (Maya/3ds Max, Blender, Unreal, Unity, etc.)
Nice To Have:
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc.)
- Experience with photography/camera/scenography (film, games, VFX, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and to use specific in-house tools
- Previous experience in the game industry
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles. Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and a mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. The Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, send us please your CV in English, a short letter of motivation also in English with an explanation why you are interested in this particular job, and a link to your online portfolio/website with your current work.