We are looking for a talented Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation and mature skill set. He/she defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game environments. The Senior 3D Environment Artist works closely with the Art Director, contributes to creation of texturing, modeling, lighting, destructions and mainly is responsible for perfect quality of visually compelling environments and elements. He/she must understand game mechanics and propose interesting and gameplay suitable environment which looks believable.
What You Will Do:
- Precise creation of the best possible models
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Keeping the finished models working
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of the trends in the given discipline
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- High school or university degree at Graphics Arts
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
- Knowledge of drawing or painting in a classic technique
- Ability to work with space, dimensions and composition
- Ability to set up atmosphere in scenes (environmental effects, lighting)
- Minimum three years of experience in game industry
- Minimum one released project
- Advanced level of English
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, ...)
- Interest in developing video games
What We Think Will Be A Good Fit
Nice To Have:
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!