What We Need:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Character Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation, and a mature skill set. S/he leads the team of character artists and defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game characters. The Lead Character Artist works closely with Art Director and leaders of Art, Technical Art, Animation, Cutscenes, Code, and QA departments to create the best possible impression in the final game.
We use latest technologies so that our artists can precisely express their intentions. Together, we try to make our characters come alive and believable so users have riveting experience from playing our games.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the character art team
- Develop and co-develop new character related pipeline
- Create the best possible highpoly and lowpoly 3D character models from concept art and reference materials, character textures and shaders, clothing, hair, and styling
- Adapt to the concept and style of the project
- Collaborate with other leaders (especially animators and cutscene editors)
- Keep the finished models working
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of latest trends in the given discipline
- Supervising and training less experienced colleagues
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Minimum five years of experience in game industry and at least one released project
- Leadership skills and experience, ability to take charge and motivate others
- Excellent knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max or Blender), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture personality
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing or painting in the classic technique
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!